JAMB Cap or JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal is where all UTME and direct entry candidates can either accept or reject admission offers from tertiary institutions they applied to and monitor their admission status.
The JAMB admission policy has stated that all admission processes will happen online via CAPS, and since most schools won’t upload the admission list on their own website or notice board, you need to access the CAPS portal to view your admission status.
CAPS is where schools go-to source for eligible candidates who reach their cut-off mark, and some of them are already uploading their admission lists on the platform.
So, if you have been admitted for direct entry into a higher institution or is not sure of your admission status, this article explains everything you need to know on how to accept or reject an admission offer on JAMB CAP and what to do when you haven’t gotten an offer yet.
How To Check Your Admission Status On CAPS
To check your Admission Status on JAMB CAPS, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log onto the Official JAMB Portal.
- Find CAPS E-facility menu for candidates.
- Input email and password.
- Click “Access my CAPS”.
- Go to your admission profile.
- Check “Admission Status”.
- Accept or Reject your Admission offer under Admission Profile
How to Accept or Reject Admission Offer on CAPS
You are required to either reject or accept an admission offer after receiving one.
When you accept an admission offer, you will no longer be approached by other schools and when you reject you will still entertain other offers and get admission slots.
- Log into the JAMB E-facility, to view your dashboard.
- Click “Admission Tab” to see “Check Admission Status”; select examination year, enter JAMB registration number, and click on the status button.
- You can “Accept or Reject Admission” if you were accepted.
- You will get a message if your admission status is still pending.
Accepting or Rejecting Admission Offer on Mobile Phones:
Follow these steps to accept or reject admission offer on your mobile phone:
- Visit JAMB E-Facility portal on your mobile phone.
- Log in with email and password.
- Click “Check Admission Status”.
- Select examination year, provide JAMB registration number and click “Access My CAPS”.
- A white screen displaying “Welcome” message only will show.
- Tap the three-dotted line on the top right corner of your Chrome browser and choose “Desktop Site” to view the full page.
- Choose “Admission Status” on CAPS left panel.
- Click on the Search button to load admission profile.
- Accept or reject admission in “Admission Profile”.
Accepting or Rejecting Admission on Personal Computer:
- Go to the JAMB E-facility portal on your desktop.
- Log in.
- “Check Admission Status”.
- Choose examination year, put JAMB registration number, and click “Access my CAPS” button.
- Select “Admission Status” from left panel.
- Click “Search” button to load admission profile.
- Accept or reject the admission in “Admission Profile”.
How To Manage Your JAMB CAPS Password
If you are experiencing difficulties with your CAPS password, this section will help you rectify them.
Invalid Email or Password
- Log into JAMB E-facility.
- If you get an invalid email or password message, your details are wrong, or you need to reset password.
Reset CAPS Password
- Visit JAMB CAPS Login Screen.
- Put in email and date of birth and get link for password reset.
- Follow the link sent to your Email to reset password.
Visit a JAMB office or verified CBT center to reset your password, if you repeatedly get the error message that the page has been removed, the name changed, processing error, or temporarily unavailable.
Retrieve Password Through SMS
Send “PASSWORD email (Password [email protected])” to 55019 using your JAMB registered phone number for a Fifty Naira fee to get a new password.
If you get “email is wrong or non-registered GSMNO, or Invalid email Format. Kindly specify valid email address”, visit a JAMB office or CBT center to reset your password, or SEND HELP via SMS to 55019 using your JAMB recognized phone number.
How To Accept / Reject Program or Course Transfer On CAPS
Your First-Choice school might want to transfer you from your preferred course to another program of their choosing, when this happens you can accept or reject their decision.
- Log into JAMB E-facility website.
- “Check Admission Status”
- Choose exam year, JAMB registration number and click “Access My CAPS”
- Click “Transfer Approval”
- Click “Accept or Reject” to accept or reject the course transfer.
Responding JAMB Admission Status Message On CAPS
“NOT ADMITTED” – your choice school has not released the list of prospective students to JAMB, or they released it and you were not on the list.
“RECOMMENDED” – the school selected you for admission, but it is under review by JAMB to ensure you meet the requirements set by the school and JAMB
“ADMISSION IN PROGRESS” – you met the school’s requirements, but can’t be accepted yet due to admission quota, ELDS, and male to female ratio. You can only be admitted if another student rejects their offer.
“Awaiting result” – if you used this option during registration, upload your O’level result on the JAMB portal so that your admission can be processed.
- Visit a verified JAMB Office, registration or CBT center or with copies of your O’level result, registered email address, and JAMB profile code.
- Request to upload your O’level result on the JAMB portal.
To make your admission official, after you have been accepted by a school accept or reject the offer online for your admission to be processed. Print out your admission letter after accepting an offer, to use it for clearance and registration at the school you were enrolled in.
Monitor your admission status via JAMB CAPS if you haven’t been accepted yet.