Did you participate in the latest West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE)?
If yes, the final process of your examination is checking your result to see how well you did in the examination.
Luckily, checking WAEC results is now online and not manually like it was years ago, so, you can view your result from the comfort of your home.
If you don’t know how to go about it, follow the process outlined below to check your WAEC result online.
Extra: Buy WAEC Scratch Card Online
How to Check WAEC Result Online
- The first thing you need to know is that you don’t compulsorily need to buy any scratch card like you used to, to check your WAEC result.
- Get your checker pin and serial number ready, these are the information you need to check your WAEC result and they can be found on your candidate’s smart identity card which you used during the examination.
- Proceed to WAEC result checking point or portal at https://www.waecdirect.org.
- Input your WAEC Examination Number in the mandatory column.
- Choose your Examination Year e.g. 2020.
- Pick your Examination Type i.e. School Candidate Result.
- Input the Card Serial number.
- Input the Card Pin.
- Lastly, click on the “Submit” button to get your WAEC Result.
If you encounter a problem in checking your result, send the following details to [email protected] for assistance and confirmation.
- The Error Message displayed upon trial.
- Your Examination Number.
- Type of Exam written.
- Year of Exam undertaken.
Or you can visit the nearest WAEC office for further inquiries.
Click here to learn how to retrieve your WAEC examination number if you can’t remember it.
How to Check WAEC Result on Phone
If you want to check your WAEC result on a mobile phone, you will have to purchase a WAEC Direct Scratch Card applicable to your country. When you’ve done this, send a shortcode in this format to 32327;
WAEC*Exam No*PIN*Exam Year
For example, if your WAEC Examination Number is 67324519, your PIN is 818123 and you sat for WAEC GCE in 2020, send WAEC*67324519*818123*2020 to 32327. Your result will be delivered to you via SMS
N.B. There should be no space in the message
The WAEC SMS Result Checking Service will cost you #30 per SMS and is available in the following service providers; Glo, MTN, and Airtel.
Please note that you can check your WAEC result with your scratch card at most 3 times. After this, the scratch card will expire.
It is therefore important for you to save the result (you can download the page if you are making use of your mobile phone and you can save the page if you are using a PC) in order to avoid purchasing another scratch card.
It is also advisable that you have a printed version with many duplicates safely stored away for future use.
Also, if you discover that the WAEC page is not loading, know that it could be either your internet connection is not connecting properly (if this is the situation, you either change your service provider or your geographical location) or it might be as a result of the high traffic to the result checking site.
Either way, give it some time and try again.
Wondering how many people pass waec? Check out the WAEC statistics here